Saturday 9 June 2007

Watching Feet at 3am

I'm watching a foot on TV and I'm not even sure whose it is. I can't make out any distinguishing characteristics, and the rest of the person is hidden by a duvet. I'm lying on my bed and my pillows have gone flat, so I plump them up and get more comfortable for watching a foot on TV. I eat a few chocolate buttons and drink some lukewarm tea.
I fidget, not only do I have restless legs but also restless arms and eyes and bottom cheeks. I check the action - another foot has made an appearance next to the first. I look at my own feet and decide that they are pretty, certainly good enough to be on telly.
Hold on, a foot just changed position as the sleeping person snored and rolled over. I wiggle my toes and mentally encourage the person on-screen to do the same.
Nothing.
I rearrange my quilt, smoothing it out then messing it up when I snuggle beneath it.
I'm comforted to know that out there, somewhere, other people are the same as me - watching feet at 3am.
Clare xxx

3 comments:

Mind Bloggling Team said...

Hello Clare,

Just a quick reminder that the Mind Bloggling Online Survey is back on line.

It can be found at:

http://www.mindbloggling.org.uk/-_online_survey_.htm

Or follow the ‘online survey’ link on the home page of the Mind Bloggling Website:

www.mindbloggling.org.uk

Please spread the word!

Thank You

Emma & Nat

emma said...

Nice blog Clare.
Feet are a strange part of the body. I kinda like mine, although they are a wee bit boney.

purkul said...

hya,

i must say that feet ain't my fav thing! but i think its always worth remembering that well, someone somewhere is likely to be thinking or doing the same thing as you somewhere and that in itself is wuite a nice thought to have.

purkul
x