Tuesday 24 July 2007

But I want it!

I have been overcome with desire this week. The object of my affection is a new, shiny, gorgeous, pink laptop. I already have a laptop, which I bought in October last year, so it's difficult to justify the purchase of another one. These are the reasons I've come up with so far:

1) I've been offered money-off coupons towards it, so really I'll be saving money,
2) The one I have already isn't as good. The new one is faster, has more memory, and isn't as heavy to lug around (I know I don't really go anywhere, but I might if I had the new laptop),
3) The one I have now is not pink.

I think the third reason is the main attraction. Okay, I've read all the blurb and it has a list of impressive initials and numbers and stuff that I don't really understand. I use my desktop computer for internet and e-mail, I only use the laptop for writing, so I wouldn't use most of the functions anyway. But who wants a boring grey laptop when you can get a lovely hot pink one?

I'm going to have to come up with some better arguments.

Clare

2 comments:

emma said...

Now then, I don't WANT to disuade you, but have you considered covering your grey one in a pink wrapping. To be fair, I got a new laptop and really didn't need it - it's a wee macbook and has just had its main board replaced prior to which it had its processor replaced. I know, it's just unlucky - Friday afternnon style laptop. I'm am the queen of finding reasons to buy stuff like that! So pay no heed to me.

tone the blueshawk said...

Pink is GOOD - you don't need a better excuse. My son just got himself a jolly little Nintendo DS in pink - would that do instead? (I supect not) - Tone